Sunday, April 1, 2012

Camera Pouch finished!

Two weeks ago, Michelle at Keyka Lou Patterns introduced the Camera Pouch pattern after a few weeks of showing work-in-progress-samples on her fabulous sewing blog! My plan was to sew it up quickly to take along on vacation that night! Unfortunately I did not have the velcro or the grommet needed to finish it. So my G9 went with us in it's black and boring camera case.

Michelle's patterns are well written and pdf downloadable so your craving to sew it NOW can be satisfied! (Even if you have to wait to go to your LFS for the supplies you might not have like I did)


I made the medium size to hold my Canon G9, and added d-rings and a removable and adjustable shoulder/cross body strap.  Fabric used is A Stitch In Color by Malka Dubrawsky.





 I added pockets to the lining, one for an extra battery and the other to hold 2 SD cards. There is actually enough room to slip my Iphone in behind the camera! I also used a cord lock for the drawstring.

The pattern has FOUR sizes to accommodate  the many sizes of cameras, video cameras, or any electronic gear one might have.  And I am sure there are numerous other ways this pouch can be used!

Are you ready to make one? Michelle also has a flickr group so if you do, please add your photos of your finished pouch to it!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great fabric, smart modifications and it looks so nicely made. Thank you for using my pattern to make such a nice bag for your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! kudos=great work!

    ReplyDelete